Flight Sim Zone
Saturday and Sunday, 11 am to 2 pm
- $3 per Pass (in addition to museum admission).
- Pass is free for Members.
- Two people can fly on one Pass (pilot and co-pilot).
- Obtain Passes at museum Gift Shop.
- Each Pass good for up to 30 minutes of flight time.
- Seating is limited.
Immerse yourself in the excitement of aviation in our high-tech simulation experience: the Flight Sim Zone. With expert help from one of our volunteer pilots, discover how airplanes move in three-dimensions with your hands at the controls. Take a virtual flight across the Bay and see the world from the unique perspective of a pilot. Using software and computers with multiple large displays and flight controls including yokes, throttles and rudder pedals, the Flight Sim Zone beautifully recreates the experience of flying.
Flight Sim Zone workstations consist of the following:
- 3-screen, 3,840 x 1,024 pixel display
- Saitek flight yoke and throttle quadrant
- Saitek or PFC rudder pedals
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (v9 and FSX)
How Sessions Operate
We follow a flight instruction model. Our instructors are real pilots and they will show you how to properly control a Cessna 172 airplane, including the all-important landing procedure. Once proficiency has been achieved in basic procedures, the instructor will help you implement a more advanced real-world flying scenario based on your interests including: cross-country flight, multi-engine and airline procedures, bad-weather flying, instrument procedures and flight plans, among many other possibilities.
The Flight Sim Zone is wheelchair accessible.